- 2 chicken boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 11-ounce can of mandarin oranges
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup mixed chopped dried fruit (such as raisins, craisins)
- 2 14-ounce cans low-salt chicken broth
- 2 cups of whole wheat couscous
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint, divided
Preheat oven to 375°F. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until slightly browned, about 3 minutes. Turn chicken, add mandarin oranges and half of juice atop chicken, and transfer skillet to oven. Roast chicken until thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 175°F, about 20 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate; tent with foil.
Add onion to drippings in same skillet; sauté onion over medium-high heat until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Add dried fruit and remaining 2 teaspoons cinnamon; stir to coat. Add broth; bring to boil. Remove skillet from heat, stir in couscous and 2 teaspoon mint. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Season couscous to taste with salt and pepper.
Mound couscous on platter; place chicken atop couscous. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoon mint and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Bon Appétit, original recipe “Cinnamon Chicken with Couscous and Dried Fruit”